Sage is an accounting software designed to provide financial management solutions to small and mid-sized businesses. It is also among the accounting software providers that is HMRC approved for the government's new Making Tax Digital initiative.
Some issues and complaints about Sage are the following:
- Customer service and support at times is slow and ineffective. Helpline employees appear poorly trained, with insufficient numbers of knowledgeable staff
- The software performance is inconsistent, slow and can often crash
- While using the software at times it gets disconnected from the server, being both frustrating and time consuming
- Mandatory costly updates and no flexibility with billing
- There is no cancelation of a paid yearly subscription throughout the year. In order to cancel, notice must be given before the end of the year so that no renewal to take place
- Access to all files is lost if maintenance fees are not paid even if you are not using the software anymore