arrow_back How can I keep up to date with changes to UK tax and other regulations?

in Back to basics Accounting Expert
1.6k points

retagged by
1 vote
What are some newsletters, publications or other sources (free or paid) which I can subscribe to in order to keep informed about changes to tax law and related regulations in the UK?

2 Answers

1 vote
Best answer

HMRC publishes some free bulletins containing first-hand updates. Of particular interest is the HMRC Agent Update with guidance and news for tax agents and advisers. There is also the HMRC Employer Bulletin with up to date information on payroll topics for employers and agents. You can subscribe to these online for free. 

In addition, there some paid source of high quality relevant information, updates and commentary such as Ross Martin (on-line only; accepts annual or monthly payments) and Tax Insider (only annual subscriptions; on-line materials as well as printed newsletters, reports and books).

All Q & A's and other resources on this website are, of course, available for free and questions are typically answered promptly by professional, qualified accountants and supplemented with valuable practical information the wider accounting practitioner community in the UK.

UPDATE: We have now also published an extensive curated list of UK accounting and bookkeeping forums, some of which you might find very useful.

Accounting Expert
1.5k points
1 vote
You can visit where there is regular update on tax and other regulation changes. Also the Big Four accounting firms, such as PwC and Deloitte post publications and newsletters on their websites, as well as host educational seminars - either free or paid. Of course posting your questions on this platform can give you fast and accurate answers as well!
Accounting Guru
10.1k points

Related questions

1 vote
1 answer
UK accounting and bookkeeping forums - a curated listIn this thread, we try to collect a comprehensive and up-to-date list of the various on-line discussion forums related to accounting and ...
asked Jan 27 in Other topics admin Accounting Expert
1.5k points
0 votes
1 answer
Working from home - Can I claim any tax back?Due to reduced office space my company has made it compulsory for us to work from home twice a week. I have read that I might be able to ...
asked Dec 13, 2019 in Personal tax Mingram Accounting Expert
550 points

Welcome to Aligned Financials - a quality monitored UK Accounting and Bookkeeping Forum, where you can freely ask questions and receive in-depth answers from experts and other members of the community.

Whether you are a business owner, self-employed, an accounting practitioner or student of accounting, you will find a wealth of high-quality information here. Don't see answers to your specific question? Just post a new question and it will be answered by qualified accountants, typically within 24 hours.

If you are an accounting professional, register now and begin answering questions to start building up your reputation. All questions and answers are rated by the community so the better answers your provide, the more points you will gain - especially for answering popular questions.

Of course, there are also some other UK accounting forums on the Internet.